This role will be responsible for the review, analysis and adjustment of small to mid-sized property loss claims. The claims will be handled within a delegated settlement authority limit and will ensure compliance with state and internal requirements. The position will handle these claims by completing a detailed investigation assessing coverage, gather all necessary documentation, negotiate all aspects of the claim, prepare detailed estimates using the designated estimating software, and deliver potential settlements as warranted. Assist with catastrophe losses as needed.Responsibilities
- Review, investigate, analyze and adjust small to mid-sized property claims.
- Key claim handling elements will include coverage assessment, investigation, documentation, estimate preparation, and claim file conclusion.
- You will be required to negotiate with insureds, claimants, public adjusters, attorneys and other professionals.
- Additionally, you will be required to assess the loss and establish appropriate reserves for these files.
- This would include both day to day claim files as well as catastrophe claim files.
- Overall claim file and desk management that will include gathering documentation, written/verbal interactions, estimate preparation, preparation of statements, etc.
- File documentation can include photos, estimates, statements, police reports, and other items that will be pertinent to the completion of the claim file.
- When tasked, you will work to identify process improvements, handling techniques, and workflows that will assist in improve property claims handling methodsRequired Qualifications
- 0 to 1 years of claim adjusting experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills due to nature of relationship with client.
- Excellent negotiation and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work having a high degree of accuracy; strong attention to detail.
- Ability to obtain state specific property casualty claims licensing as required.Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelors degree.
Location/Region: Ann Arbor, MI