The School of Music at James Madison University seeks an energetic and organized music professional to serve as Director of Concert and Support Services. This individual will manage and schedule concerts while also serving a team to recruit students to JMU. The School of Music has a highly engaged and active program producing more than 250 performances and presentations annually. The Director of Concert and Support Services will join 46 full-time faculty and 35 professional staff/adjuncts preparing approximately 450 performers, educators, and music industry professionals for careers in music.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule and run concert facilities
- Coordinate publicity and programs
- Assist with music student recruitment
- Supervise student employees and part-time staff
- Other associated duties as needed
This position requires frequent weekend and evening hours.
- Must have knowledge of classical music, history, terms, and traditions
- Must be able to work a varied schedule that includes nights, weekends, and occasional regional events off-campus
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects with shifting priorities and competing deadlines
- Must be a team player and a solid communicator
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a diverse community
- Must be able to take direction and work independently when necessary
- Ability to develop, monitor, and adhere to budgets and production schedules
- Must be detail-oriented and be able to work under tight deadlines
- Work experience in a university environment preferred
- Experience in student recruitment and/or marketing desired
To apply visit our website and reference posting number S1343. Salary range is $47,000 - $52,000. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity.