* Administers, coordinates, and supports organizational programs and services. Partners with leaders, managers and employees on issues related to compensation, performance management, staffing, on-boarding, retention, and employee relations.
1. Serves as an internal consultant to the Administrative and Leadership team and staff regarding HR policy and practice interpretation as it relates to operations.
2. Collaborates with managers and leaders on disciplinary issues and performance improvement plans and other difficult employee issues. Supports management with the handling and resolution of employee claims and grievances
3. Serves as a resource to employees on issues of compensation, benefits, and issues of concern to the employee in the workplace
4. Assists with the administration of periodic activities, including annual performance reviews and internal equity adjustments.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: None required.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Must be knoweldgeable of employment laws.
Required Work Experience: 3 years experience in Human Resources or related field
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
• Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Location/Region: Hollywood, FL