NAPA Transportation, Inc. has openings at their Harrisonburg Terminal.
Mechanic are responsible for maintaining diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records.
• Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
• Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
• Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
• Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
• Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
• Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience: 2 or more year's related experience working on Class 8 Tractors and Trailers
Education: A high school diploma or GED required.
Ability to utilize diagnostic programs
Basic computer skills
ability to participate in out of state training Refrigeration Certifications a plus (and compensated)
Valid CDL a plus.
full time employees...
Pay Increases (based on performance)
401k with company match & much more!!
Please provide contact information with your response!
Location/Region: Harrisonburg, VA (US)