Senior Supervising Engineer Annapolis Junction, MD
Ready to lead a team that tackles infrastructure challenges? Want to take your Engineering expertise to the next level to work on complex engineering problems that will make a huge impact on the community? Parsons is now hiring an experienced Senior Supervising Engineer who can apply advanced engineering techniques and supervise a team of Engineers and Designers.
Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your 15+ years of engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance. Leadership opportunities to work on marquee projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environment and who have exceptional communication, analytical and management skills.
In this role, you will supervise a group of ten or more Engineers and design personnel, in one discipline or multi-disciplines, by directing technical engineering assignments and coordinating project staffing assignments. Education and experience over several years must be sufficient in order for the incumbent to serve as a Supervising Engineer on a large project or several smaller projects. Willingness to travel or relocate to supplier client or constructions site locations is expected. Responsibilities
- Reviews work produced to ensure that applicable codes, standards, and procedures are followed and quality is acceptable. Monitors productivity and technical proficiency of assigned personnel. Makes staffing assignments and reassignments as project needs arise.
- Conducts performance evaluations, takes corrective action as necessary, recommends promotions and salary actions, and recommends training and development for assigned personnel.
- Helps to define discipline design organization and participation on a project, including scope of work, design criteria, schedules, standards, and procedures.
- Determines budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule.
- Supervises the production of project drawings and design calculations.
- Promotes technical excellence on the project, including furthering the Quality Improvement Process.
- Ensures that discipline design work is coordinated with project staff and Engineers from other disciplines by maintaining clear and frequent communications.
- Advises engineering and project management regarding any problem areas, staffing requirements, delays in production, scope changes, or other events which could affect project completion and/or profitability.
- Initiates and/or reviews change order requests for additions, deletions, or changes to the original scope of work.
- Ensures that adequate checking is performed in accordance with discipline checking policy and procedures.
- Recommends design methods, equipment use, etc., for discipline standards.
- Maintains affiliation with professional societies to keep abreast of current technologies.
- Recommends and prepares technical papers.
- 4-year degree in Engineering (or related field)
- 15+ years of related work experience
- Professional Engineer registration required
- Proven ability to perform in a supervisory capacity
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are required
- Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information and/or materials.
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn't the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!
Location/Region: Annapolis Junction, MD