Environmental Remediation Technician
For over 60 years, Parsons has demonstrated its' commitment to environmental sustainability, conservation, and restoration. Our global team has mobilized thousands of projects from the initial investigation phases, through design and remediation. We are actively looking for an experienced Environmental Remediation Technician
to join our team in Syracuse, NY
! If you have a passion for the environment, a strong mechanical aptitude and experience working with environmental remediation equipment, this is a great opportunity for you! Our technicians are members of a team of experts that are focused on delivering safe, environmental solutions for our clients in the northeast!
In this role, you will be working at various remediation sites or water/wastewater treatment sites, performing technical support for the equipment. You will be working both in an office as well as out in the field, working hands-on with the equipment. You will be performing operations, monitoring and maintenance of environmental remediation systems, as well performing heavy labor tasks related to on-site industrial waste, hazardous waste, field environmental surveys or wastewater treatment operations and maintenance. Additional Responsibilities:
- Collects samples and maintains documentation in record logs.
- Operates trucks, pumps, vacuum equipment, oil booms, generators, and other machinery/equipment. Maintains appropriate logs of activities.
- Tests, calibrates, repairs, and modifies control and instrumentation systems at on-site locations under general supervision. Assignments are undertaken independently on a regular basis.
- Prepares required field and office reports of various activities and findings. Initiates basic reports and/or establishes and maintains logs and records.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- High School diploma, or equivalent with 4-6 years of related work experience
in a similar environmental remediation type of role
- 2-year degree in a related field with 2 to 4 years of experience.
- We will also consider recent environmental or geology graduates with some relevant internship experience, and a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Completion of a 40-hour OSHA training course (with an annual 8-hour update) is required for industrial or hazardous wastewater operations.
Prefer experience in a similar Technician type of role, where you have worked with various types of remediation equipment.
Location/Region: Syracuse, NY