Job Title: DBA with Teradata and Informatica Experience
Required Location: Atlanta, GA (Applicants outside of Atlanta will not be considered)
Position is for a Senior level DBA with ETL developer skillset, whose primary responsibility will be supporting Teradata databases by designing, implementing and maintaining data marts in compliance with IT specifications. Position will also be responsible for developing ETL for sourcing data into a marketing-managed data mart that will support reporting and advanced analytics.
This resource will be responsible for the following core tasks:
- Supporting Teradata Databases using the following skillsets:
- Using compression tools such as block compression, or other tools to manage space
- Granting access to external and internal users using ViewPoint ensuring control and accessibility of all databases and sensitive data
- Tracking CPU usages and space requirements to implement capacity planning for new projects and future releases
- Assisting internal users and team members with SQL performance issues
- Developing and creating DDL and DML scripts for deployment to testing and production environments
- Managing and tuning of all production, testing and adhoc databases
- Design and coding of scripts for extracting and loading data into departmental data marts using one or more of the following design approaches:
- Develop Informatica load scripts optimized for Teradata environment and executed via a scheduling tool such as ESP and Cntrl_M
- Converting SAS ETL processes to Informatica for loading data into departmental data marts.
- Supporting SAS ETL Adhoc processes
- Developing, coding, testing and deploying new processes in SAS or Informatica to production
- Design and build out of ESP and Cntrl_M schedules for the purpose of scheduling one time and recurring executions of the Informatica workflows and SAS scripts.
- Design and build-out of Informatica Load scripts, as needed.
- Provide production support of data solutions, including troubleshooting production failures, script revisions and reviews, status notifications and on-going support of development activities.
Functions and Skills:
• Subject Matter Expert in Teradata tools and platform
• Collaborate with IT Department to deploy DataMarts and solutions to production
• Performs access and configurations in ViewPoint
• Support multiple databases with multiple users ensuring access and controlling access to sensitive data
• Create operational procedures, best practices and Runbooks for production environments keeping in compliant with IT standards
• Advanced SQL script development experience required. Must have demonstrated experience writing load scripts for optimized performance in a Teradata environment. Experience with Aster/Cloud and/or TD 1700 appliance is a plus.
• Medium to high experience in using Informatica is required. Using toolsets (fast export, fast load, etc.) v8.5 or greater for building out workflows to be managed via an ESP, Cntrl-M Schedule.
• Advanced Unix shell scripting knowledge required
• Working knowledge of ESP, Cntrl-M, CRON or other comparable scheduler tools and ability to create schedules for managing data loads.
• Experienced in working with development team to determine script load dependencies and then build out the production job schedules.
• Advanced technical design and analysis background required (10+ years); ability to troubleshoot issues, determines root/cause, define and implement a correction.
• Ability to facilitate and lead discussions related to technical processes for the purpose of root/cause analysis and determining process activities which must be performed (and in what sequence) in order to execute load processes and/or recover from failures.
• Ability to document technical/operational processes (Informatica, SAS, ESP, Cntrl-M, CRON etc…) and run book procedures.
• Work with end user and internal teams to define data and technical requirements
• Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment, which includes the ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
• Advanced experience (5-10 years) creating and accessing Teradata structures in star/snowflake schemas
• Intermediate experience using BI applications such as Tableau or Cognos, strongly preferred but not required.
• Prefer 10 plus years of experience
UNIX and UNIX Scripts
BI Applications, preferred
SAS (a plus)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred, but not required
Anteris Consulting is a full-service management consulting firm headquartered in Atlanta, GA and servicing clients throughout the United States. Our core competency is in comprehensive project execution and benefits realization. We hire experienced consultants who are interested in working in small teams that have high impact on our clients' businesses. We offer both contract consulting and full-time hire options to our consultants.