Director of Christian Education
First Baptist Church Burlington is seeking a part time Director of Christian Education. First Baptist is a progressive multi-cultural American Baptist Congregation. The Director of Christian Education augments our ministry to children, youth and young adults by fostering their growth and development in all aspects of Christian faith. As a staff member the Director plays a central role by working with the Christian Education Board to; plan, develop, support, oversee and grow our inclusive, multi-cultural, multi-generational Christian education programs and events. The Director closely coordinates activities with the Pastor and the Christian Education Board concerning the ministry needs of children, youth and young adults.
- Plan and carry out Christian Education programs and events for all age groups in conjunction with the Christian Education Board (CE Board) and Pastor
- Provide leadership in planning and supporting intergenerational services and activities
- Recruit, train and supervise Sunday school teachers and additional volunteers as needed with assistance of the Christian Education Board
- Administrative duties include; prepare and manage a budget, order and distribute curriculum materials, supplies and snacks and maintain accurate program records
- Teach a Sunday school class as an occasional substitute.
- Develop a Christ centered peer group for youth which may include class room religious studies, social events, service learning and mission activities
- Actively contribute to the Church’s Social Media Presence in a positive, professional manor
- Work with the Pastor to establish connections with ministry partners, other churches or community organizations including Cooperative Christian Ministry of UVM
- Contribute articles for the Church website, newsletter, worship bulletins and provide input to CE Board for church annual report
- Meet regularly with the Pastor and staff and as needed with church leaders and boards
- Education: Bachelor’s degree; training in Religious Studies/Human Service/ Education Fields encouraged
- Experience: Three years experience in Christian education or youth ministry or relevant experience in an education or human services field
- A Background check is required
- The Church is ADA compliant and an equal opportunity employer and complies with state and federal regulations related to tax & FICA withholding.
- A vital Christian faith life evidenced by action, attitude and behavior
CLICK TO APPLY
Location/Region: Burlington, VT