Looking to strengthen your current skill set as an Environmental Scientist? Do you excel at developing solutions to challenges? We are hiring motivated individuals who enjoy working at a variety of field projects from small retail stations to complex active remediation sites.
We have on-going projects with oil and gas, energy, and chemical companies conducting environmental remediation throughout NJ and lower NY in all phases of SI, RI, and RA. Complex projects include in-situ remediations, groundwater and wastewater treatment plants, landfill remediations, SVE systems, large scale excavations, and LNAPL treatment systems.
Typical field activities include advancement and collection of soil and/or sediment samples, monitoring well installations and groundwater sampling, waste classification sampling, surface water sampling, and air quality assessments. Additionally, office tasks may include data analysis and management, compliance and permitting, and preparation of regulatory reports.
- A 4-year degree in environmental science or similar degree.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience conducting environmental field efforts such as Site Investigations, Remedial Investigations and/or Remedial Actions.
- UST and/or Phase I/Phase II experience a plus!
- Should have familiarity with NJDEP Technical Requirements for Site Remediation and NJ Field Sampling Manual.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to perform field tasks self-sufficiently or as part of a team.
- Should be able to complete work that requires some physical exertion.
- Work in adverse weather conditions (i.e. hot, cold, rain and snow).
- A valid driver's license and the ability and willingness to travel to and from field locations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project.
- Current 40-hour HAZWOPER Training.
Location/Region: Somerset, NJ