The Work/Study Intern supports community-building initiatives for Harrington Discovery Institute (HDI) so that it may continue to attract the highest quality scholar applicants and program partners. HDI is actively expanding its network of scientists, physician-scientists, and leaders within premier academic medical centers in the US and UK, and raising awareness with those audiences. In addition, the current network of contacts needs to be maintained in a way that ensures accuracy and completeness. The Work/Study Intern will directly support the work of the Program Coordinator and Business Associate.
* Audit contact database in grants management system, SmartSimple, and update contact records as needed.
* Work with Program Coordinator and Business Associate to make changes to system in order to ensure consistent approach to contact records and other data points.
* Conduct research to identify new contacts at academic medical centers in the US and UK to add to database.
* Support file management and maintenance, including digitalization and data entry efforts.
* Support the creation of new content to attract and encourage participation in HDI scholar programs, including: identification of current articles, reports, studies in the area of drug discovery and development. Draft social media posts to share information with HDI community.
* Review digital marketing assets, such as event photos and videos, and identify opportunities to utilize assets in marketing outreach initiatives.
* Support HDI events and meetings, including Annual Scientific Symposium in May.
* Other projects and assignments as they arise in the course of Harrington Discovery Institute's day-to-day business.
* Pursuing an undergraduate degree in any field with a strong academic record.
* Excellent computer skills and interest in working with detailed information within software programs.
* Ability to conduct online research (non-scientific or scientific) in a timely manner.
* Strong detail orientation and passion for delivering quality work.
* Microsoft Office proficient, experience with a contact database is a plus.
* Previous office experience preferred.
* Responsible and dependable.
* Demonstrate a pleasant and willing attitude.
* Must report to work as scheduled and on time.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Location/Region: Cleveland, OH (US - 44101)