James Madison University's Information Technology (IT) is accepting applications for an Information Technology Risk and Compliance Analyst to help develop and execute its risk management program. The successful candidate will support system/project reviews to help assure appropriate compliance and information security outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist IT in developing an information security risk management and compliance program.
- Develop and facilitate processes to manage information security risks based on ISO 27002, other applicable standards and best practices.
- Perform technology project/system reviews to ensure adequate information security compliance.
- Educate and inform key partners related to JMU's information technology risk management requirements.
- Advise on application of security standards for managing information technology risks.
- Assure adequate information security compliance records are kept.
- Previous experience with information security risk assessment and compliance.
- Familiarity with information security requirements of standards including PCI, ISO 27001, 27002, HIPAA, HITECH, GLBA, GDPR, etc.
- Strong security awareness and experience interpreting technical information, especially related to information security best practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical teams.
- Ability to clearly communicate information about potential risks to information technology managers and other key partners.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision as well as in teams.
To apply go to our website and reference posting number S1361. Salary is commensurate with experience.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity.
Location/Region: Harrisonburg, VA (22807)