James Madison University, a Division I member of the NCAA and Colonial Athletic Association, is accepting applications for an Athletics Facilities Coordinator to serve as a facilities representative in assigned athletic facilities. This position is full-time and includes benefits.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Act as stadium manager and provide general supervision for Bridgeforth Stadium and the Plecker Athletic Performance Center. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to scheduling lights, opening/closing facility, receiving and taking inventory of equipment, maintaining the appearance, functionality and ensuring safe condition of the buildings.
- Ensure that all assigned athletic facilities are properly prepared for daily use, performing tasks such as painting lines, setting up tables/chairs, game equipment, sound system, seating, etc.
- Serve as the Event Manager for assigned varsity and special events within assigned facilities. Assist in Game Management duties for varsity sports within assigned facilities.
- Prepare and report routine and non-routine maintenance and repair via work orders for facilities and facilities-related equipment. Oversee improvement projects within assigned facilities.
- Work in support of assigned varsity game day operations and special events including pre-event set-up, in-event operation and post-event take down.
- Perform general supervision of student facilities staff.
- Understand and practice all university safety procedures.
- Assist with unassigned facilities and related events as needed.
- Provide support and game-day coverage for other athletic/special events.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant institutional, CAA and NCAA rules.
- Work evenings, weekends and holidays when needed.
- Must possess working knowledge of facility maintenance methods and techniques, and a general working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing skills.
- Must possess knowledge of risk management.
- Must possess excellent written, interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Must have ability to obtain (training will be provided): forklift certification, hydraulic life operation certification and OSHA certification.
- A valid driver's license.
- Ability to move relatively heavy objects and moderate lifting of 20-50 lbs. is essential.
- Prior experience working within athletics or recreational facilities.
- Prior experience in painting/lining fields.
- Basic computer skills.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
To apply go to our website and reference posting number S1384. Salary range is $29,000 - $36,000.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity.