Advancement Marketing at James Madison University (JMU) is accepting applications for a highly creative and organized Graphic Design Associate. The successful candidate will develop creative communications to support JMU's annual giving and constituent engagement efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Graphic Design and Creative Execution:
- Provide overall artistic leadership for Office of Annual Giving projects and University Advancement projects as needed. Ensure compliance with university brand standards and consistency of tone and style across materials generated for fundraising and alumni engagement.
- Direct photography, web and/or video creation process to support strategic marketing goals.
- Stay abreast of current design trends and methodologies.
- Coordinate with other University Communications and Marketing designers as necessary to promote consistent delivery of brand messages.
- Employ an elevated understanding of the persuasive effects of graphic design and develop creative projects that are engaging, innovative, attractive and effective in delivering the desired marketing messages.
- Build responsive business, technological and creative processes and infrastructure for the graphic design component of Advancement Marketing to enable streamlined production and collaboration with university personnel and outside vendors and to support the creation of top quality work upon deadline.
- Keep project team members, colleagues and partners informed of project status. Files are complete, free of technical problems and ready for vendor or developer output upon deadline. High technical proficiency in current industry production and software standards.
- Identify and draw on appropriate resources, including budgetary, Office of Annual Giving (OAG) staff and outside vendors to produce and design communications that routinely meet established program goals in terms of message delivery, schedule and budget.
- Files are properly archived for future access.
- Collaborate with Advancement Marketing colleagues as well as members of partner departments to understand and contribute to the strategic direction, messaging goals and needs of programs.
- Participate in team meetings and other activities; contribute to the overall growth and success of the Advancement Marketing Team.
Qualifications: Applicants should be skilled graphic designers with experience in concept development and project management. Applicants should also be proficient in using Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop) and be comfortable with Mac operating systems. Experience in higher education is preferred.
To apply go to our website and reference posting number S1387. Hourly rate range is $14.00 - $16.50 per hour. This is a 12-month, part-time wage position working an average of 20 hours per week over the course of a calendar year with no benefits.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity.