Network Associate, Louisiana Network
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana; with comfort traveling 2-4x/month
WHO WE ARE
Achievement Network (ANet) is a nonprofit dedicated to educational equity. We help schools boost student learning with great teaching that's grounded in standards, informed by data, and built on the successful practices of educators around the country.
Founded in Boston in 2005, ANet now serves over 700 schools educating over 230,000 students in California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Illinois, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and Tennessee. Our support has consistently helped our partner schools—both district or charter—achieve breakthrough results for their students. ANet has received multiple awards and recognitions, including a prestigious Investing In Innovation (i3) grant from the federal government in 2010, New Schools Venture Fund's “Organization of the Year” in 2011, and The NonProfit Time's “Best Nonprofits to Work For” in 2015 and 2016.
ANet is a dynamic, values driven, team-oriented organization that is committed to the growth and development of all staff members. Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to join an exceptional team of colleagues committed to helping schools close the achievement gap by investing in each other and learning together.
The Network Associate will play a critical role in driving internal communications, projects, and strategies to further network and organizational goals. The Associate is a key member of the team with multiple responsibilities in supporting the senior leadership in this region as well as the Directors of School Support by managing various internal and external events and supporting the team's use of data in decision-making, including the region's partnership engagement and growth strategy. They will lead logistical operations for the team such as calendar management, supply procurement, and budget and expense tracking. This is an ideal opportunity for a quick learner who thrives at interacting with internal and external stakeholders and who is motivated by working behind the scenes in support of educational equity. The Associate will report directly to the Executive Director.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
School and district partnership support:
- Events Management
- In partnership with the Manager, Network Events & Communication and regional leadership, organize all details for internal and external events by developing and managing the project plans and leading stakeholders towards milestones and deadlines
- Execute on all event logistics, including securing contracts for presenters and event space, managing invitations and RSVPs, preparing presentation materials, setting up event space, collecting feedback, and more
- Assessment Administration
- Work with ANet's Program Operations Team and partner schools to coordinate logistics for the effective administration of interim assessments – a critical component of our model
Regional team support:
- Support clear, consistent, and aligned internal and external communication in a style that is consistent with ANet's core values and brand
- With guidance from network leadership, develop and disseminate internal team messages and external partner and stakeholder communications
- Partner with senior leadership to assist in developing and executing on a strategy that meets the short- and long-term facilities and resource needs of the team, including managing the day-to-day operations of the New Orleans office
- Troubleshoot the team's technology challenges with support from National Tech Support team
- Support the financial health and viability of the region through collaborating with the Executive Director on budget development, expense tracking, and managing contracts and payments
- Monitor team calendars to support coordination and communication regarding team meetings, external activities, vacations, and alongside the regional leaders, ensure that team time is spent on annual priorities and goals
- Data Management
- Support a data-driven team culture through data collection, tracking, and reporting as it relates to network events, partnership strength surveys, and assessment administration
- As needed, ensure quality and accuracy of Salesforce data management and progress monitoring for contract renewals
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU BRING
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
- You believe in ANet's mission and share our passion for increasing opportunities for children in underserved communities while operating with a sense of urgency in the support of schools
- You are committed to living out ANet's Core Values daily and are open to examining personal archetypes and bias and discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to our Advance Equity and People Matter values
- You sweat the small stuff and bring exceptional attention to detail to everything you do
- You have managed complex projects in the past and are skilled in managing multiple tasks, actions, and people simultaneously
- You are an exceptional communicator and know how to get creative in order to get a message across to both internal and external stakeholders
- You get excited about supporting others to do their best work and consistently go above and beyond in meeting the needs of your team and external partners
- You enjoy digging into data with an analytical eye to determine the story that it's telling you
- You are flexible and when things don't go as planned, you proactively problem-solve to seek out new solutions and opportunities
- You are your happiest and most successful in entrepreneurial, collaborative, and fast-paced environments
- You are eager to learn and proactively seek out feedback and opportunities for your professional growth
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
- Prior experience using databases such as Salesforce
- Previous experience in a school setting and/or in an operations-focused role
WHAT WE OFFER
ANet offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; 3 weeks of vacation (4 weeks after two years with ANet); 10 paid holidays with paid days off between the Christmas and New Year's holidays; a paid floating holiday; paid sick & personal days; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; commuter benefits; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance.
HOW TO APPLY
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please click on the blue “Apply” button. You will then be prompted to complete a brief application and upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter in which you outline why you are interested in working for ANet and how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/8sppj5ssyy3738br
Location/Region: New Orleans