Adelante Mujeres provides holistic education and empowerment opportunities to low incomeLatinawomenandtheirfamiliestoensurefullparticipationandactiveleadership in the community. Located in Forest Grove, Oregon and founded in 2002, Adelante Mujeres has a reputation for innovative responses to communityconcerns.
POSTION TITLE: Preschool Teacher
POSITION REPORTS TO: Early Childhood Education Manager
Do you love working with young children? Are you excited by seeing them learn and grow? As part of a caring, committed Early Childhood Education team, the Preschool Teacher will support strong nurturing relationships with children, and plan and implement culturally appropriate learning experiences that advance the intellectual, emotional, social and physical development of preschool children. The Preschool Teacher, teacher assistant, and instructional aide form the primary classroom team. They work in partnership with parents/legal guardians, Adelante Mujeres staff, and staff from W. Verne McKinney Elementary School and Hillsboro School District (HSD) to implement the vision and daily operations. The Preschool Teacher will ensure each child’s safety, health, and development in accordance with each child’s needs and abilities. The ideal candidate will be inspired by and fully committed to Adelante Mujeres’ vision and mission and have a history of working with young children.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish a well-managed, child-oriented learning environment which is safe, healthy, interesting, attractive, and responsive to the social/emotional, physical, cognitive, and language development of each child
- Provide oversight and direct the implementation and logistics of the program’s curriculum, assessments and enrichment activities, including field trips, special programs and sitevisits
- Provide leadership to staff and volunteers through active direction and actual involvement in the care, teaching, guidance, and training of children ensuring effective program operations
- Maintain positive team relations with all persons involved
- Maintain an open, friendly, and cooperative relationship with each child’s family
- Establish and maintain parent involvement
- Ensure equipment and supply inventorymaintenance
- Maintain professional and technicalknowledge
- Provide emergency services as a Mandatory FirstResponder
- Support data collection and entry, evaluation of program benchmarks and indicators, ongoing tracking andreporting
- Supports recruitment and orientation of prospective participants and their families
- Comply with Adelante Mujeres and HSD policies and procedures, as well as Oregon Office of Childcare regulations in childcare centers.
- Other duties as assigned bysupervisor
- Education: AA/AS degree in child development and family studies that includes significant coursework in early childhoodeducation
- Experience: 24 months of work experience with preschool age children ages 3-5 and 1-year experience successfully working with Latino children and families, children with special needs, low income families, and diversefamilies
- Certification or Accreditation: step 9 or higher in ORO, CPR/First Aid Certification, Food Handler Certification, and Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect within first 30 days ofemployment
- Acceptable criminal background check through Office of Child Care(OCC)
- Online training: “Introduction to Child Care Health and SafetyEnvironment”
- Access to reliable transportation for home visits, valid driver’s license and proof of vehicleinsurance
- Bilingual in English/Spanish, written andverbal
- BA/BS degree related to early childhood education that includes significant coursework in early childhood and 36 months actual work experience working with preschool age children and step 9 or higher inORO
- Demonstrated ability to:
o work with low-income children
o handle problems and emergencies with solid professiona ljudgment
o manage multiple responsibilities and ability to complete in timely manner
o communicate effectively, respectfully, and timely
- Sense of humor, creativity, flexibility and willingness to pitch in wherevernecessary
- Strong workethic
- Continual interaction with co-workers, parents, andchildren
- Attention to detail and completion of tasks and required documentation in a timelymanner
- Must be able to handle multi-faceted tasks on a frequentbasis
- Work is light in nature, frequent lifting and carrying of objects up to 10 lbs., occasional lifting up to 20 lbs. and occasional lifting of a child weighing upto 40lbs.
- Sit in child size chairs and on floor for extended periods, as appropriate for child- centeredactivities
- Crawl or lie on floor or grass as appropriate for child-centeredactivities
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Job Conditions may include possible exposure to blood and bodily fluids or tissues andcommunicablediseases. Work will occasionally take place outdoors during field trips and excursions, with exposure to typical Oregon weather. Will have occasional evening and weekend work, may share office space and equipment, and will share in housecleaning duties of classroom or meeting space.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Salary: $18.50 - $22.00 per hour depending onqualifications
- Exempt full time position from end of August 2018 to end of June 2019 for school year18-19; paid monthly salary while school in session and for paid time off taken in other months.
- Benefits: health, dental and life and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) Plan, professional development opportunities, paid holidays (11.5 days annually), sick/personal days (up to 12 days annually) and vacation (20 days years one through five, 25 days after five years), and familyleave.
- Opportunity for broad and impactful work with a visionary, growingorganization
Please submit the following material electronically (PDF preferred) to
(no phone calls, please).
- A one-page cover letter clearly outlining your qualifications, experience and interest in the position and AdelanteMujeres
- A resume detailing relevant experience, qualifications, work history, education and accomplishments
- Criminal background registry number from the Office of Childcare. Link for the application
- Three professional references may be requested during the hiringprocess
Closing date: Openuntilfilled Anticipated start date: ASAP
Thank you for your interest in employment at Adelante Mujeres. We will be contacting the applicants that meet our Required Qualifications and those whose applications indicate a strong combination of relevant experience and desired qualifications.
EEO STATEMENT: Adelante Mujeres provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability (including genetic characteristics), pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or any related medical condition, or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Location/Region: Forest Grove, OR (US - 97116)