Northern Kentucky University welcomes applicants to fill the position of Assistant/Associate Director of Development. This position will be responsible for prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors at Northern Kentucky University. He/she will manage the day-to-day fundraising for areas/priorities as determined by the AVP of Development and Alumni Relations.
• Prospect qualification: Identifies and tracks new prospects to increase college/unit portfolio. Substantiates giving capacity, identifies philanthropic interest and executes any next steps.
• Prospect cultivation: initiates face-to-face meetings with donors and prospects with the intention of engaging prospects with the university and advancing a conversation about philanthropic support for the university.
• Prospect solicitation: drives the strategic planning for prospect solicitations. Serves as an active participant in the minimum of 20 planned solicitations at the leadership annual giving or major gift level.
• Prospect stewardship: develops and implements an annual stewardship plan focused on specific initiatives for acknowledgement, recognition and reporting.
• Prospect management: builds, maintains and serves as the primary prospect manager for a portfolio of prospects at a capacity level of $10,000 or greater. Maintains prospect and donor contact information in the university’s fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge).
• In conjunction with the AVP of Development and Alumni Relations, directs specific departments with the development planning process. Advises and counsels department chairs, faculty and other academic leadership on development activities. Recruits, trains and manages specified volunteers or advisory councils for assigned departments.
• Performs other fundraising duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and minimum two years related experience required.
- Computer Skills:Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge.
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with others and work well in a team.
- Good decision-making skills.
Any candidate offered this position is required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
Location/Region: Highland Heights