Lebanon Farms Disposal is looking for a Diesel Mechanic to safely operate, repair, rebuild and perform maintenance on Company owned or leased heavy duty diesel trucks and equipment including rolling stock to ensure its ability to operate safely.
- Diagnose and repair operational difficulties with heavy duty diesel trucks and equipment.
- Maintain and repair heavy diesel, gas and electrically operated equipment and vehicles.
- Complete reports, work orders, order parts and perform other administrative duties as required daily.
- Assist in the review of mechanical write-ups on equipment and coordinate repair schedule.
- Ensure safe working conditions and compliance with all safety regulations.
- Utilize a variety of power and hand tools and equipment.
- Possess, provide and maintain tools necessary to perform tasks related to maintenance on heavy/hydraulic equipment.
- Maintain a clean work area.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); technical diploma desired.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a diesel mechanic.
- Experience using diagnostic software a plus
- Must be computer literate, have the ability to be trained on software systems and the willingness to learn.
- Obtain a Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) within six (6) months of employment.
- Must pass a DOT physical including drug screening.
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, climb, balance, taste, and smell.
- Continuous concentrated mental and visual attention required.
- Visual requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent physical effort including handling tools and equipment required.
- Frequently lift/push/pull up to 100 pounds.