Cadence Inc., located in Staunton, Virginia is currently hiring for an Operator I/II in our EGIA Cell on 2nd Shift (typical hours are 3 PM-11 PM Monday-Friday + Necessary Overtime). Cadence, VA manufactures medical and industrial blades.
Why do you want to join the Cadence Family?
We are innovative - We use the latest technologies, such as 3-D printing, CNC simulations, and solid modeling to execute real rapid prototyping. We also use processes that require no tooling, like EDM and laser cutting, to yield new parts faster.
You’ll love the work environment – You’ll spend your days in a clean, air-conditioned manufacturing space with big windows that provide lots of natural light.
We continue to grow – Take a look at our financial results for proof. We’ve recently wrapped up or started expansion projects at several of our facilities.
You will be valued – At Cadence we consider our employees to be our most valuable asset, and as such we are committed to providing you an environment where you will be appreciated, respected, and challenged.
Qualified candidates will have hands-on machine operation experience working in a manufacturing environment. Other qualifications include:
- Hands-on machine operation experience in a manufacturing environment a plus, or indication of mechanical ability via other tasks such as automotive maintenance/repair, assembly experience, etc.
- Basic/Intermediate Math skills
- Proficiency in using Windows-based computer programs
- Good visual acuity required for visual inspection of parts
- Willingness/ability to stand for entire shift (8+hours)
- Willingness/Ability to perform repetitive manufacturing activities
- Strong work ethic
- Stable work history desirable
- High school diploma or equivalent education is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints a plus
- Ability to use calipers, micrometers and other measurement tools a plus
- Team-oriented attitude
Essential functions of this position include the following:
- Follows daily production schedule to meet internal and external customer requirements
- Monitors process using quality tools to ensure conformance of products, including following work instructions, prints, and other documents
- Maintains customer quality control records and charts
- Follows scheduled maintenance plans for all equipment
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained
- Follows all safety rules
- Maintains records as required by QMS (Quality Management System)
- Is a team player
- Read and interpret blueprints, and perform all job tasks based on the blueprint information and/or other manufacturing work order
- Identify and communicate suggestions for continuous improvement
- Work effectively with supervisor to identify and resolve productivity opportunities
- Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Please Note: Cadence reserves the right to fill the position as an Operator I or II depending on the qualifications and skill set of the candidate pool and organizational needs.
An updated resume is required as part of the recruitment and selection process for this role. Applicants are encouraged to provide a written explanation, or cover letter, describing why they feel they are the best fit for this position.
Benefits: Cadence offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance disability, 401(k), and a quarterly incentive.
Cadence, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer: M/F/D/V to apply