The Orientation Office at James Madison University is accepting applications for an Operations Manager to support the mission of the office by serving as a key agent for customer service, communication and day-to-day orientation operation functions. This position has a unique combination of administrative, technical and programming responsibilities.
The primary duties of this position include providing excellent customer service to our internal and external customers, including incoming students, families, staff and faculty. The Operations Manager is responsible for managing the reception area along with all facets of Orientation's operations and logistics while supervising the student Operations Assistants. In addition, the Operations Manager creates and updates office protocols, serves as a liaison to the Event Management Team and secures facility reservations for major Orientation programs.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Oversee the daily operations and customer service of the Orientation Office including phone calls, emails and in-person interactions.
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise and evaluate the operations student staff.
- Assist in the set-up and management of operations systems and databases.
- Manage the student reservation and advising process for transfer Orientation programs.
- Coordinate operations and set-up logistics including staffing needs for student and family check-in during Orientation programs.
- Assist with mailing of the First Year and Transfer One Books.
- Coordinate the student assessment survey process through Qualtrics and Microsoft Outlook.
- Secure necessary access to reserved campus facilities and rooms for use during orientation programs and training.
- Serve as departmental representative for specific university-wide event planning committees.
- Serve as liaison to Facilities Management and Building Coordinators to ensure spaces are prepared for Orientation programs.
- Provide additional operational and program support as needed.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail
- Possess strong organizational, planning and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in customer service and ability to demonstrate how to create a positive environment for customers
- Experience supervising multiple employees
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products and the ability to learn new technology
- Experience facilitating trainings
To apply go to our website and reference posting number S1458. Salary range is $33,000 - $35,067.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity.
Location/Region: Harrisonburg, VA (US)