Field Service Technician (Bilingual - Domestic/International Travel)
The Field Service Technician is responsible for the independent assembly, commissioning, inspection, repair, and troubleshooting of our power and data supply systems, both domestically and internationally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- This position requires up to 80% domestic and international travel; Flexibility to work/travel over weekends, holidays, evenings/nights may be regularly required.
- Frequent interface with customers and/or end users, vendors, and contractors.
- Support in scheduling and coordinating the participation of vested parties at site to inspect/witness the final installation of equipment and their participation in the execution of start-up and commissioning activities.
- Coordinate internally to ensure a timely response to customer inquiries.
- Troubleshoots PLCs, VFDs, and other automated equipment, onsite and remotely.
- Repairs equipment installed onsite at customer facilities, both warranty and non-warranty claims.
- Carries out routine inspections of existing system installations.
- Take ownership regarding the correct implementation of the pre-commissioning activities in the mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and automation disciplines, ensuring the quality of the work and of the quality of the reports.
- Travel to customer site to perform final commissioning and demonstrate equipment functions as per specifications to obtain customer acceptance.
- Support the project team in ensuring all the mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and automation punch list items are cleared and signed-off as per project requirements.
- Participate in project and construction meetings, as required.
- Ability to prepare and provide technical training to the end user operators and/or maintenance personnel.
- As a trouble-shooter you will go on-site in the event of technical issues, analyze and eliminate faults and will be available on-site for our customers in case of subsequent technical queries.
- Utilizes data acquisition system software to collect data from equipment analysis.
- Provides quotations for field support of product.
- Independently coordinates with customers and/or end users all details of site visits prior to departure.
- Independently coordinates all travel arrangements (airfare, lodging, ground transportation, etc.).
- Provides direct technical support of customers, contractors, sales, and engineering for testing and field-service activities.
- Writes and reviews all field service reports for accuracy, completeness and clarity before publication or delivery to the customer.
- Advises Development Group on possible product improvements, potential product weaknesses, new product or service opportunities, and any other potential improvements or concerns as a result of findings from field experiences.
- Review technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of technical developments in the industry.
- Provide technical reports to engineering and/or external customers.
- Support engineering with input on design and analysis of design with technical documentation.
- Operates aerial lifts and other similar machinery to access our equipment – often at significant heights.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Demonstrates attention to detail. Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Ability to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Leadership - Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others.
- Improves processes, products and services.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Diversity - Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Plans for additional resources; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Safety and Security – Consistently observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Additionally, candidate must currently hold or be able to obtain a valid passport (with proper documentation to travel into and outside of the United States), in addition to the TWIC credential.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Applicable B.A. or B.S. from four-year College or university; or 2 year associates degree from applicable technical school; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Comprehensive experience in the use of PLCs, VFDs, data acquisition, wiring, power equipment, and industrial electricity required. Siemens, ABB, and TMEiC platform(s) experience are highly preferred.
Fluent spoken English and the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in English are essential. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Bi-lingual and/or multi-lingual candidates are desired.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply such concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to regularly convert between the metric and standard units of measure.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract or concrete variables.
Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office products.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions – both indoors and out; high, precarious places; and dust, fumes, or other airborne particle
HirePrinciple was founded by a team of experienced executive recruiters with more than 50 years of combined experience serving clients ranging from start-ups to the Fortune 1000. HirePrinciple knows building a qualified team is critical to achieving superior results. We also understand that the goals of each organization and individual are unique. Accordingly, HirePrinciple’s search process is customized to provide recruitment solutions to employers and match candidates with the career opportunities that fit their needs.From our headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, we serve progressive employers and talented professionals throughout the United States.
1.To improve the productivity and profitability of our clients by supplying full-scale, tailored recruitment solutions in order to create balanced, high-performance teams
2.To build strong relationships with our candidates by providing free career advice, outstanding customer service, and matching them with the right career opportunities