Executive Director, The First Tee of Harrisonburg
The First Tee of Harrisonburg is one Chapter of a national/international nonprofit youth initiative Non-Profit. The First Tee was created in 1997 to provide young people of all ethnic and economic backgrounds an opportunity to develop, through golf and character education, life-enhancing values such as honesty, integrity and sportsmanship. Our Mission Statement: To impact the lives of young people in Harrisonburg, Rockingham Country, Staunton, Waynesboro and Augusta County, Page and Shenandoah County by providing educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values and promote healthy choices through the game of golf.
• Develop and implements Business Plan, Policies, Procedures and Programs with accountability to Board of Directors
• Lead all fundraising efforts, grant applications and developing new funding and financial opportunities
• Manage staff of 1-3 fulltime and seasonal interns and payroll
• Coordinate and oversee all communications activities with National Office And local community partners;
• Develop promotional materials; public outreach; public advocacy
• Execute financial guidelines; manage budget and 3rd party partners;
• Lead Juvenile Diversion Program and teach classes as needed.
• Maintain legal and accounting compliance according to 501©3 requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Sports Recreation/Management, Business Administration, Communications, or related field
• Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
• Minimum of 3 years management or sales experience.
• Must pass criminal background check.
• Knowledge of and commitment to goals and philosophy of The First Tee
• Able to work in youth development and build positive and meaningful learning environments for youth development
• Effective written and oral communication skills; proven skills in fiscal, program and staff management
• Strong computer knowledge and social media skills
• Strong organizational skills; familiar with volunteer program needs and fundraising skills
• Bachelor degree; PGA Professional optional and/or experience in coaching and mentoring
• Self motivated to work in flexible environment
Send all cover letters and resumes to TFTHarrisonburgJobs@gmail.com
Location/Region: Harrisonburg, VA (US - 22801)