The Office of Undergraduate Programs in the College of Business seeks applications for an Administrative Assistant. This individual will provide administrative support to the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs and the Director of Experiential Learning.
Specific duties include:
- Maintaining calendars and scheduling appointments.
- Arranging travel, processing travel authorizations and expense reimbursements.
- Using and reconciling a small purchase credit card.
- Manage COB student scholarships and at-risk student processes.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate events to include Family Weekend, Admissions Open House, May COB Commencement, etc.
- Collect data and oversee relevant surveys to include graduate and post-graduate surveys, business school rankings, etc.
Applicants should possess polished interpersonal skills, have the ability to write business communication to include social media and website content, be able to manage and prioritize work projects, be able to plan, coordinate and execute a variety of high level events, maintain a professional behavior and problem solving approach to work and have strong database, spreadsheet and word processing skills. Knowledge of JMU Finance and SA systems is preferred.
Review of applications begins January 18, 2018 with a starting date soon thereafter. Questions may be directed to Molly Brown.
To apply, visit our website and reference posting number S1176. Maximum starting salary is $36,000. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity.