University Recreation (UREC) at James Madison University is accepting applications for a Technology Manager. The mission of University Recreation is to promote and advance healthy lifestyles through educational programs, participation opportunities and supportive services. UREC's qualified staff is committed to excellence and responsive to the developmental needs of their participants.
UREC offers the JMU community a comprehensive menu of recreational and educational opportunities. UREC has a dedicated student staff of 500+ along with 10 graduate assistants from around the country and 28 full-time professional staff. UREC has been "Motivating Madison into Motion" since 1996, the year the main facility was originally constructed and completed a renovation/addition project in 2016, bringing the facility to 278,515 square feet. There are over three-quarters of a million visits to UREC every year. In addition to the main UREC facility, UREC operates University Park and numerous shared satellite facilities around campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guides and supports the complex technology environment and needs of the UREC staff.
- Responsible for the “back-end” management of UREC's Innosoft Fusion software system to ensure UREC memberships, access features, program registrations, equipment rentals and member portals are functioning optimally, which includes coordinating upgrades, software/hardware installation and troubleshooting, and ensuring technology at the five major access/point-of-sale locations are continuously and properly functioning.
- Provides expertise and support for the specialized/proprietary software programs and related hardware critical for UREC operations, including TimeClock Plus, Connect2Concepts, Signwave, IMLeagues, Keywatcher and Neptune Radio. The Technology Manager prepares and manages the departmental budget for technology and recommends and provides expertise for departmental technology purchases. The Technology Manager completes order requests for new computers, printers, peripherals and software licenses and coordinates imaging, install and testing in a timely manner.
- Supervises up to 4 student employees and provides technology training and support to students and staff on duty.
- Demonstrated expertise in maintaining complex software programs and hardware.
- Prior relevant professional experience.
- Possess excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to manage a technology budget and inventory.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment through collaboration and communication.
- A bachelor's degree in computer sciences or a related field.
- Professional experience serving as the point technology staff member for an organization.
- Working knowledge of evolving technology best practices.
To apply go to our website and reference posting number S1315. Salary is commensurate with experience.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity.
Location/Region: Harrisonburg, VA (22807)