The Assistant Vice President (AVP) for Finance at James Madison University is accepting applications for a Signatory Specialist / Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will manage the day-to-day activities of the Office of the Assistant Vice President for Finance, which includes providing executive administrative support, budget monitoring, office purchasing, travel arrangements, correspondence, arranging appointments, document retention, managing the Signature Authority System and organizing meetings/special events.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Manages and maintains an accurate Signature Authorization System.
- Maintains hierarchy chart for all campus departments.
- Contacts divisions annually to review hierarchy for potential changes.
- Processes Signature Authorization Forms daily.
- Maintains electronic and paper files of all Signature Authorization changes.
- Provides Signature Authorization documentation to Auditors as requested.
- Assists all areas within the Finance Department as needed.
- Ability to work closely with the AVP for Finance in a quiet office suite.
- Professional experience in higher education.
- Experience as an administrative support professional.
- Ability to respect the confidentiality of information.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office with particular focus on Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally and positively with all members of the campus community, the off-campus community and representatives of other institutions of higher education.
- Ability to organize and prioritize duties and assignments, make sound decisions, meet deadlines and work productively and effectively.
- Willingness and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Possess attitudes of friendliness, service and willingness to learn.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with PeopleSoft.
- Experience with JMU financial policies and procedures.
To apply go to our website and reference posting number S1318. Salary range is $38,000 - $39,300.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity.
Location/Region: Harrisonburg, VA (US - 22807)