Title: Athletic Trainer
City, State: Hoover,AL
Location: St Vincent’s 119 Hlth&Wellness
Department: Fitness Center 002
Additional Job Details: PRN,Rotating
St. Vincent’s Health System, part of Ascension, is made up of St. Vincent’s Birmingham, St. Vincent’s Blount, St. Vincent’s East, St. Vincent’s St. Clair, St. Vincent’s One Nineteen Health and Wellness, and the St. Vincent’s Ambulatory Healthcare Network, which includes a wide range of services, from family care to home health. Together, we provide a special brand of personalized, compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech, meeting the needs of people in more than 40 communities.
The Athletic Trainer assesses injuries and manages treatment programs to rehabilitate athletes.
- Evaluates and manages injuries. Maintains a medical file on each athlete as a record and acts as a liaison between the physician and the athlete.
- Schedules and implements treatment and rehabilitation programs and/or other interventions as necessary and prescribed.
- Develops conditioning programs for injured and non-injured athletes.
- Prepares athletes for practice or competition.
- Coordinates and implements fitness activities for outpatient and community programs/ activities.
- Maintains equipment used in therapy interventions.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Associate’s degree or Technical degree in a related field, or combination of High School degree and related experience required
- Associate’s degree or Technical degree in a related field, or specific certification related to position preferred
- 2 Years Preferred Technical Experience.
How To Apply
Applicants may proceed by clicking on the “Apply Now”.
To apply later, return to the Career page at www.stvhs.com
In addition, you may apply via one of our Employment computers in the following locations: Human Resources located at St. Vincent’s Birmingham, 806 St. Vincent’s Drive, Birmingham, AL 35205 (4thfloor in Building 1) 8:00am – 2:00pm
Human Resources located at St. Vincent’s East, 50 Medical Park East Drive, Suite 259, Birmingham, AL 35235 (2ndfloor) 8:00am – 2:00pm
Administration office at St. Vincent’s Blount, 150 Gilbreath Drive, Oneonta, AL 35121 9:00am-3:00pm
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent’s and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent’s and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent’s participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
About this company
St. Vincent’s Health System encourages its nurses to provide personalized, compassionate care for all patients, regardless of what they’re struggling with, and we give you the resources and support to do it. We want a collaborative environment, where nurses work side-by-side with skilled providers in both patient care and deciding policy. We believe in balancing high-touch with high-tech, and that reputation draws patients to us from more than 40 Birmingham-area zip codes. When you join St. Vincent’s you become part of Ascension, the nation’s largest non-profit and largest faith-based health system, which is recognized nationally for its commitment to quality, safety and healing.
Location/Region: Birmingham, AL (US)