What will I be doing?
Provides guidance, counsel and
appropriate assistance to HR Business Partners, managers and team members on a
variety of employee and labor relations matters, policies, practices and
procedures. Responsible for ensuring
that the culture is reinforced and that team member needs and business needs
are considered when recommending solutions.
role is responsible for the East coast (Orlando, SW Florida, South Carolina,
Washington DC, New York, Chicago and any future locations in this area). Some travel will be required in these areas
and occasionally to other regions.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
and provide effective consultative services to HR Business Partners and
management on general and sensitive employee relations concerns
- Investigate and make recommendations for resolving team
member concerns, to include: gathering and analyzing information, applying
relevant policies, laws, and past practice to reach conclusions while
maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Maintain required documentation within case management system
(Sales Force), including intake and investigative notes, supporting documents,
and final reports
- Escalate issues that meet pre-defined criteria and use
judgment to assess risk and sensitivity of ambiguous cases to determine when to
escalate to TMR management
- Partner with outside legal counsel on employment litagtion
matters including but not limited to: EEOC charges, OSHA complaints, NLRB
concerns, DOL audits, lawsuits and attorney demand letters.
- Assist the Sr. Manager with measuring process effectiveness
as well as process review and continuous improvements in team member relations
- Maintain thorough, up-to-date knowledge of federal, state
and local employment and labor laws, court cases and employee relations
- Facilitate HR/TMR/Legal related trainings as needed.
- Build and maintain positive and
productive working relationships with team members, HR Business Partners, and
management to achieve business objectives.
What are we looking for?
Hilton Grand Vacations is a leader in the vacation ownership industry, operating with an unwavering commitment to innovation, quality, and continued growth. At the core of our company’s success are our Team Members. To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience
- 2+ years of Employee Relations experience
- Extensive experience conducting formal investigations and providing appropriate recommendations
- Proven ability to build trust and strong partnerships at all levels of the organization
- In-depth knowledge of employment and labor laws, collective bargaining trends and regulations
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills with the ability to apply those skills to a wide range of HR issues.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- PHR or SHRM Certification
- 2+ years managerial experience
- Demonstrated experience working in a union environment with primary responsibility for ensuring compliance with CBA
- Previous Timeshare or Hotel experience
What will it be like to be a Team Member with Hilton Grand Vacations?
At Hilton Grand Vacations, the foundation of our culture is about putting people first, beginning with our customer. By allowing the power of our customers to inspire the best in us, we empower our Team Members to become proud owners of accountability, we solidify our leadership position in the industry, and we help our customers get the most out of their vacation ownership journey through the world-class properties and unparalleled experiences we offer them.
Through inspired ownership, continual evolution, and a commitment to uphold the highest standards, our Team Members feel proud, our customers feel valued, and every encounter feels simply grand. And that comes with grand opportunities for growth.
Hilton Grand Vacations Inc. (NYSE:HGV) is recognized as a leading global timeshare company. With headquarters in Orlando, Fla., Hilton Grand Vacations develops, markets and operates a system of brand-name, high-quality vacation ownership resorts in select vacation destinations. The Company also manages and operates two innovative club membership programs: Hilton Grand Vacations Club® and The Hilton Club®, providing exclusive exchange, leisure travel and reservation services for more than 285,000 Club Members. For more information, visit www.hgv.com