PAX Program of Academic Exchange is seeking Community Coordinators in your area to be involved
- An active stay-at-home mom or dad
- Are parents or have worked with teens for three or more years
- Are involved in their local PTA and/or their local church
- Are optimistic, enthusiastic, motivated, flexible self-starters
- Have a desire to make a positive international impact
- Have excellent communication skills in English
- Has lived in current community for three or more years
Education and youth-counseling experience is a plus
Job responsibilities include:
- Arranging semester- and academic-year-long homes and enrollments for high school exchange students
- Developing the interest of the local community to find families interested in hosting
- Providing orientations to both families and students
- Assisting the high school exchange students with personal and cultural adjustments
- Providing positive, life-changing exposure to new cultures to everyone involved in the placement
- Participating in the annual PAX national meeting
Additional information and compensation:
The position boasts part-time work, flexible scheduling, modest compensation on a commission basis, potential for annual international travel perks, and at-home task management. Many coordinators approach the position as a meaningful community service project with benefits, as a second job, or as an opportunity to pursue their interests and passions while making a contribution to their community. This is an independent contractor position; commission-based compensation is paid per student placed and supervised.
PAX - Program of Academic Exchange is a non-profit educational organization whose mission is to increase mutual respect among the people of the world, to foster an appreciation of our differences and similarities, and to enhance our ability to communicate with one another. PAX believes that this mission is served by providing young people with the opportunity to study abroad and live with a host family for an extended period of time.
While PAX has a global vision, the organization works one student at a time. Committed to a quality program that is small and personal, PAX works exclusively with high school exchange. All PAX programs feature a homestay experience with a family abroad.
PAX has its headquarters in New York. The foundation works with community coordinators across the U.S. with 76 sending organizations around the world.
PAX provides comprehensive support to its community coordinators, online training and consistent oversight to help new members achieve their goals.
Location/Region: Helena, MT (US)