The Tool Design Engineer will produce 3D CAD models and 2D technical drawing packages from specified instructions using standard design procedures for the development of new components, assemblies, systems, or subsystems. They will conceptualize and design a variety of tooling and fixtures for use in a production environment, including weld templates, drill jigs, assembly fixtures, holding fixtures, lifting devices and checking fixtures.
- Should have an Associate's Degree in an engineering-related discipline with 5 years of work experience OR a Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering-related discipline with 3 years of work experience.
- Should be proficient with the following software: Pro Engineer Creo, SolidWorks, Autodesk Inventor, NX Unigraphics.
- Candidate should be a US Citizen due to the nature of the company (Defense Contractor)
- He/she must have a strong knowledge base in various sectors of manufacturing--particularly welding and machining
- A general understanding and application of Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances (GD&T) is required.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, are essential to this role.
- The candidate must also be efficient with Microsoft programs, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A viable candidate must feel comfortable working in a team environment, as well as working on projects individually.
- Attention to detail, effective time management, and meeting budgetary expectations are critical to the success of the organization
- Fabrication shop (machining and/or welding) experience is preferred
- Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems is a plus.
At Amtec, we care about you and your career. Since 1959, we have changed the lives of thousands of people for the better - people just like you. It is our goal to help you find meaningful work by matching your character, competence, and culture with an organization that truly values what you have to offer. Whether you want a contract assignment, a temp-to-perm job, or a regular full-time position, we are here to be your partner throughout your whole career.
Location/Region: York, PA (US)