The Financial Planning Analyst is an integral strategic position that provides financial planning analysis and advice for all clients of the financial planning firm. Responsibilities include data gathering and analysis, development of financial planning strategies and recommendations, creation of advice deliverables and client communication.
The financial planning analyst role offers the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of the financial services industry and what it takes to run a successful practice. There is significant growth potential with opportunities along the way as you pursue a path to an advisor. This is not a client-facing role, and there are no sales expectations. ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities & Expectations
- Have a strong understanding of key financial planning concepts such as insurance, retirement, executive benefits & income taxes.
- Have working knowledge of financial products and strategies that can be implemented to help clients achieve their financial goals and need.
- Be able to work independently and without much direct supervision.
- Have the ability to breakdown difficult financial concepts into clear and easily understood manner both verbally and through written material.
- Always hold the client’s needs in highest priority and always act in their best interest.
- Strive to move the firm forward by adding value through your own personal strengths.
- College degree
- Certified Financial Planning designation or progress towards it
- 2+ years financial planning experience
- Ability to achieve agreed outcomes without supervision
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize own workload effectively
Location/Region: New York, NY